Dry Rot Repair San Diego Wood Decks
I am a License Contractor Number 755047
How to Repair Wood Rot.
Wood rot, whether that be dry rot or wet rot, is a common problem and is often found in windows, doors and fascia boards. Repairing the wood rot, first of all, begins with the treatment of the wood rot itself before any patching of the wood rot happens.
My Deck Is Rotting! What Do I Do?
Wood is one of the most common deck building materials. The variety of woods available are so numerous that there is a look to satisfy nearly everyone. Wood is also strong and lasts longer than many other materials. It is not indestructible, however, and you may find your beautiful wood deck is beginning to succumb to rot. It is time to take care of the problem before you find yourself with a major problem, like a broken leg if your step creates a hole or the entire structure collapsing during a storm.
WHY WOOD DECKS ROT
Even if you take all the proper steps of keeping your deck clean, including cleaning between the boards, you may find yourself facing deterioration. Some types of wood last longer, and pressure-treated wood holds off rot longer, but rot tends to slowly creep up on you. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Untreated wood – If you started with untreated wood, it is more susceptible to the ravages of weather. The rains of spring and autumn keep it wet longer than it should be, winter finds snow freezing it and then creating excessive moisture when the snow melts, and the Sun beats down on it all summer long. Slowly, the elements whittle away at the wood.
- Debris gathering between boards – Leaves and other debris can become trapped between boards. As this debris rots over time, the fungus and bacteria grow and start to eat away at the wood.
- Standing water – If your deck is slightly slanted, water can pool in one spot. The longer the water remains, the higher the chances of rot occurring. The same goes for places where the wood may dip and create a small “crater” to form.
- Termites – These are the biggest enemies of wood. While you can treat wood to be resistant to termites, nothing has yet been created that can guarantee complete elimination. All it takes is one fertile pair and you soon have an army of these insects making your deck their buffet.
- Weather –San Diego is one of the many places in this country that subjects building material to what is known as the freeze-thaw cycle. Wood expands when it gets cold. When the weather warms up, it goes back to its original size. Over time, this cycle causes cracks in any coatings and weakens the basic structure of the wood. Melted snow enters the cracked coating and when the wood returns to normal size, the moisture becomes trapped and rot begins.
HOW TO REPAIR A ROTTING WOOD DECK
It is much easier to prevent rot than it is to repair the damage once rot has set in. When it is caught early, it may be possible to repair the damage without having to replace your whole deck.
- Remove any rotted boards and replace them with new, pressure-treated ones.
- Apply a water-resistant coating over the entire deck, including the support pieces.
- Even out any spots that create water pooling.
CONTACT: San Diego Wood Decks for
WOOD DECK ROT REPAIR
The secret to being able to successfully treat rot damage is catching it early. That is where the biggest problem occurs. By the time you see signs of rot, it has been silently working away at the wood. Professionals like San Diego Wood Decks are trained to know the signs of an invisible rot problem. We also know what works best on the type of wood you have to make it stronger and less resistant to rot.
Give Click To Call San Diego Wood Decks a call today and have one of our professionals come out to perform an inspection of your wood deck. If we find you have an issue, we can repair your deck to prevent further damage. If you have no rot, we can help you put in place measures that will prevent needing rot repair in the near future.
San Diego Wood Decks Fixes Termite Damage Repair, Water Damage, Rotting Wood And Builds Brand New Custom Decks And Much More...
Before hiring San Diego Wood Decks For termite damage or rot wood repair, or a custom new deck. We will conduct a qualified thorough building inspection and a free Quote of your home for termite damage wood/wood rot or any other wood damage around the house. The inspection ensures there are no elements that could affect the longevity and quality of your project. Or be hazardous to your family’s safety and our safety. Please fill out the quote form or call us for this free service.
This Easy Deck Inspection includes a thorough checking for such potential hazards and safety hazards. Here are some of the things we look for and the services we provide. Please click on the link below if you need a particular service or just call us (619) 762-1544
You will be kept fully informed of the outcome of your safety inspection and given the option of how to deal with any issues that might arise. It’s your home, so your opinion is the only one that matters – that’s why we like to have great communication with our client.
We Communicate with the homeowner throughout the Job!
Your San Diego wood decks project will be overlooked by the homeowner to ensure that you are given the chance to inspect and approve each stage of your job.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your current stage of works, we will not proceed with any further sections of your project until you are 100% happy with the stage completed. It’s part of our San Diego Wood Decks Promise to you – it’s your house, so your opinion is the one that matters most.These characteristics have allowed us to cultivate lasting relationships with our clients and accumulate a profound and versatile portfolio of work.
First, we will take you through a quality inspection of the materials to be used at your home, to ensure that the correct materials have been ordered and that the materials meet the relevant building code standards for your planned project.
Second, we will take you through at approximately halfway through completion of your project to ensure that works are proceeding as planned.
Third, we will take you through the completed project to ensure that all planned objectives have been achieved and that the quality of the work meets, or hopefully exceeds, your expectations.
Need Rotten/Termite/Decks /handrails/patios Repair Done. Deck Damage Repair? We can Help!
If you have damaged wood around the house, rotten wood, broken beams or wood posts then we can help. San Deigo Wood Decks. Wood rot/Termite Damage Repair San Diego Wood Decks can repair it so it looks brand new again. Get Your Obligation Free Quote today! Click To Call now and talk to the owner
San Diego Wood Decks Specialists:
We believe investing in the pleasures of outdoor living with San Diego wood Decking. From sunbathing to entertaining, decks improve the value, aesthetics, and quality of life that a home affords.
Take advantage of the beauty of your property and the splendors of the San Diego California weather by adding a deck to your home today.
At San Diego Wood Decks, our team of decking specialists and professional carpenters will create the perfect deck for your home.
Perhaps you have a particular vision for what you want regarding size, design and wood color. Maybe you would prefer to get our opinion on what type of deck would suit your property best. We do custom built decks to fit all your needs.
From jet washing to oiling to more extensive deck repairs, our decking specialists in San Diego will be there to keep your deck looking perfect—even years after construction.
We can give you advice on your deck, tell you the difference between timber decking and composite decking or walk you through our maintenance services.